12 November 2019
SAMWU Media Invite on the State of the City of Johannesburg
The South African Municipal Workers’ Union (SAMWU) has recently concluded its Regional Shop Steward Council (RSSC) in the Johannesburg Region. The RSSC was convened as part of the renewal and rebuilding process which the union is currently undergoing.
The leadership of the region will, therefore, be convening a media briefing which will focus on the state of the region and issues affecting workers and residents of Johannesburg. The briefing will also focus on the following issues;
1. Introduction of newly elected Regional leaders.
2. The fraud and corruption which happened under the watch of Mayor Herman Mashaba.
3. Victimization of workers by the City of Johannesburg
4. DA’s political interference in the operations of the City and its entities.
5. The continued use of lawyers in disciplinary processes, in contravening the Disciplinary Code of Conduct.
6. The nullification of the illegally signed Memorandum of Understanding.
Members of the media are hereby invited to attend and cover the briefing which will be held as follows;
Date : Wednesday 13th November 2019
Time : 11am
Venue : 1st Floor, SAMWU House, 84 Frederick Street, Marshalltown, Johannesburg
Issued by SAMWU Johannesburg
083 445 3527
Deputy Regional Secretary
072 382 1733